FAQs for Submitting an Education Program Proposal
1. Where can I find a timeline of important dates?
You will find a full timeline of the Program Proposal Submissions Dates and Deadlines in the LibLearnX Program Submission Information Packet.
2. Important dates: *Updated Dates
- Submission site opens: July 8, 2022
- Submission site closes: August 5, 2022
> In-progress submission proposals will include a 48-hour grace period.
- Review site opens: August 10, 2022
- Review site closes: August 30, 2022
- Program decisions announced: September 30, 2022
- Preliminary Schedule Announced: October 2022
3. What are the submission requirements?
All proposals will be evaluated on each of the following nine criteria:
- Proposal Title
- Proposal Description
- Target Audience/Relevance
- Learning Objectives
- Presentation/Engagement Style
- Advocacy; Equity, Diversity & Inclusion; Information Policy: Professional and Leadership Development
Please note that all submissions require a minimum of one contact person and one content leader (final names of speakers and moderators are not required at the time of submission but are recommended). For more details on the submission requirements, please view the LibLearnX Program Submission Information Packet.
4. Is there a rubric I can view with criteria on how proposals will be scored?
Please view the Proposal Review Guidelines Rubric. It describes the criteria required to receive a high proposal submission score. Carefully review the rubric and keep it available for reference when creating your proposal. Jury members will be using the rubric to review proposals and score submissions.
5. Do you offer any tips for writing a program proposal?
Please view the LibLearnX Program Submission Information Packet.
6. How long are the education program sessions at the Annual Conference?
- Ideas Xchange sessions are approximately 30 minutes in length.
- Learning Lab sessions are approximately 60 minutes in length.
- ShopTalk sessions are approximately 15–20 minutes in length.
- Accelerator sessions are approximately three hours in length.
7. Does ALA have a Code of Conduct for conferences?
Yes, please view the Statement of Appropriate Conduct at ALA Conferences that all presenters and attendees are required to follow posted on our website.
8. If my proposal is accepted, am I responsible for my own travel, accommodation, and registration fees?
Yes, all presenters are responsible for their own travel, accommodation, and registration fees.
9. Will the education programs be recorded?
Additional details are forthcoming.
Helpful Document Links